- A tsukure (pre-tied) obi. Beautiful brocade, with kikkou (hexagons, based on the pattern on a turtle's shell), in a lovely, modern style bow called a fukurasuzume musubi (puffed sparrow knot). In winter the sparrow fluffs out its feathers to keep warm, making it look plump and puffy. It is a symbol of wealth and prosperity.
- This type of obi does not require a makura pad.
- The sash is one piece, the knot is the other
- Obi should not be washed
- Made and bought in Japan
- Most obi, including pre-shaped taiko knot obi, require an obijime and obiage to hold the rear knot in place, which are always bought separately. With a taiko knot style obi, an obi makura (obi bustle pad) is usually worn inside the knot too
- Please be aware that different monitors display colour slightly differently. Therefore the colour in the photos and description is a guide only
Sash 146cm long x 19deep
Bow 40 x 36cm
Obi are one-size-fits-all items
Kikkou Fukurizume Obi