- A taiko musuba (square knot), 2 part Nagoya type obi. Known as a tsukuri obi, tsuke obi or easy obi.
- This is a one piece obi that is easily put one, with a rear musuba section that is easy to fold into shape. Like all taiko musuba (square style rear knot) obis, it requires an obiage and obijime and, usually, a makura pad. Those three items, if you don’t have them, can either be purchased on this site or can be improvised.
- Made and bought in Japan
- Most obi, including two-part, pre-shaped taiko knot obi, require an obijime and obiage to hold the rear knot in place, both of which are always bought separately. With a taiko knot style obi, an obi makura (obi bustle pad) is worn inside the knot too, to pad it out at the top, though a few two-part taiko obis have a makura already inside the knot, however, most don’t. One can buy actual obiage, obijime and makura or one can improvise with these items
- Please be aware that different monitors display colour slightly differently. Therefore the colour in the photos and description is a guide only
- how to wear obi makura, obiage and obijime with your obi, on my blog, plus names of the parts of the obi, and a diagram with shapes and scale of the different obi types.
Rear knot section 30cm wide
Sash 15cm deep x 81cm
Obi are pretty much one-size-fits-all items