- A taiko musuba (square knot), 2 part Nagoya type obi. Known as an easy obi.
- Nagoya obi style. The background is a gorious orange, with shaded flowers and silver leaves.
- The sash is tucked inside.
- This one is complete with obi makura (obi bustle pad), usually bought separately
- If creased slightly where the paperclip is, lightly steam it with your iron; don#t press the iron on it, just puff steam at it and verygently smooth it with a clean finger.
- Illustrated instructions on rear of backing card
- Complete with its own obi makura
- Made and bought in Japan
- Most obi, including two-part, pre-shaped taiko knot obi, require an obijime and obiage to hold the rear knot in place, both of which are always bought separately. With a taiko knot style obi, an obi makura (obi bustle pad) is worn inside the knot too, to pad it out at the top, though a few two-part taiko obis have a makura already inside the knot, however, most don't. One can buy actual obiage, obijime and makura or one can improvise with these items
- Please be aware that different monitors display colour slightly differently. Therefore the colour in the photos and description is a guide only
Excellent - This is an unused, vintage obi, still attached to the backing card.
Rear knot section 32cm x 29cm
Sash 14cm deep x 140cm
Obi are one-size-fits-all items
Tree Peony - 2 part Obi