- A wonderful, reversible, warm, lightly padded hanten. Based on the shape of workers' hanten but a contemporary take on them for everyday wear, non-workwear, padded for warmth and reversible.
- Made from a lovely, very soft to the touch fabric.
- New and unused.
- Body is 65% polyester, 35% cotton with Polyester collar, has a soft as silk feel.
- Made and bought in Japan
New and unused.
Width of the shoulders 68.6cm
Length of a sleeve 36.85cm
Length of body 80cm
Reversible Winter Hanten - Size M
- Hanten are work livery, long jackets. They are worn by some workers, shop staff and Japanese firemen. They often have names and logos of the company on them.
- Fastening: Hanten are usually worn without fastening
- Storage: The Japanese take great pains to store their traditional garments with the utmost care, which is why they stay in such exceptional condition. Some of my Japanese garments have large, white stitching (shitsuke) round the edges. The Japanese put these stitches in to keep the edges flat during long periods of storage, these stitches just get pulled out before wearing the garment. Hang up your kimono for a few hours prior to wearing to remove fold creases. Cedarwood or lavender essential oil keeps moths away, don't get it on the fabric, apply near it, on the box, wrapper, drawer etc or on a tissue.
- Uses: Hanten can, of course, be worn but also make a wonderful display items and require less space to display than a kimono.
- Cleaning: Be very cautious about washing traditional Japanese garments. I would advise only dry cleaning for silk ones and for most cotton, wool or synthetic ones and any certainly for any crepe or shibori fabrics. Some synthetic or cotton kimonos can be gently hand washed but the dyes can run even in some of those, so consider that before washing. If it is washable, hand wash only
- Colour: Please be aware that different monitors display colour slightly differently. Therefore the colour in the photos and description is a guide only