- A tsukure (pre-tied) obi. Beautiful brocade, with cranes, in a lovely, modern style bow called a fukurasuzume musubi (puffed sparrow knot). In winter the sparrow fluffs out its feathers to keep warm, making it look plump and puffy. It is a symbol of wealth and prosperity.
- This type of obi does not require a makura pad.
- The sash is one piece, the knot is the other
- Obi should not be washed
- Made and bought in Japan
- Most obi, including pre-shaped taiko knot obi, require an obijime and obiage to hold the rear knot in place, which are always bought separately. With a taiko knot style obi, an obi makura (obi bustle pad) is usually worn inside the knot too
- Please be aware that different monitors display colour slightly differently. Therefore the colour in the photos and description is a guide only
Very good - A few very inconspicuous marks and slight marks on the ties, which are worn tucked away and hidden
Sash 146cm long x 15cm deep
Bow 44cm wide
Obi are pretty much one-size-fits-all items