- A washable face mask, ideal for shopping, with over nose wire for tighter fit and less steaming of specs, and over-ear elastic loops. The edges are serged/overlocked.
- This mask is three layers of 100% cotton. The innermost layer is made as a filter pocket, behind which you can slip an additional filter, if you wish, although three layers of cotton should suffice for nipping into the shops. I saw a study that said that folded kitchen paper towel is excellent at filtering, so that is always an option.
- The wire, when shaped to the contours of your face, helps hold the upper edge of the mask closer to the face and can greatly reduce steaming up of specs caused by breath escaping upwards. The wire is removable, if you prefer none or wish to remove it before washing. Once the wire has been bent into shape over the nose, it is unlikely to fall out during a machine wash but you can either put it into a bag (e.g. pillowcase) and tie it closed or just remove the wire before washing, if you prefer. If, however, you do take the wire out before washing, do not lay it down anywhere other than in the sink in which you are going to wash your hands, then as soon as mask in the machine, wash both the wire and your hands with soap.
- If you added a filter, remember to remove and bin it before washing the mask.
- IMPORTANT - MAKE SURE YOU COVER BOTH NOSE AND MOUTH WHEN WEARING A MASK. It is absolutely pointless wearing a mask and covering only the mouth, no one is protected by that.
Do not wear it more than once without washing it, even if you only had it on briefly or didn’t get close to anyone. If you have been out the house wearing it, even very briefly, wash it as soon as you get in. Don’t lay it down anywhere when you take it off, put it straight in the washing machine or into the pan in which it will be boiled. Have the machine open or pan ready so you don't have to touch them when you go to put the mask in. As soon as it is in the machine or pan, wash your hands.
- A tip to help reduce steaming of specs is to wash the lenses gently with water and soap or washing up liquid, rinse them, then gently dry with a soft cloth. A very fine, invisible film of soap or detergent will remain on the lens, reducing steaming up.
- My stock is protected because I decided to quarantine my 99 year old mother, and therefore myself along with her, on 13 March for the next few months. All my stock is here with me and will be untouched by anyone other than me and is made from materials I already have. All purchases will be packaged and sealed and then collected from my porch for delivery, without me being in contact with anyone at all. This means the content of your packages is safe and protected, since no one else but me touches it. Just a little reassurance in case you wondered.
- Please note that different monitors show colour differently, so colour in photos is an approximation.
- I hope you stay well. Take care.